Jun Su’s twin brother Juno released his second single, and ranked third place on Japan Oricon Charts. Juno’s Korean agency Media and Partners revealed, “Juno’s second single ‘Believe…～君を信じて～’ that was released on December 21, ranked third place on Oricon Charts.” ‘Believe…～君を信じて～’ is a love ballad song that has been chosen as the theme song for Japan Bee TV’s 快感ストロベリー~秘蜜の花園~. Not only that, Juno who is popular with his powerful performance and good looks, is being sought out as a model from many commercials. Juno plans to have many activities in 2012 including a fan meeting and show cases.
Shared by: sharingyoochun.net
Re-up by: iXiahCassie
Freak weather and upheavals in Korea’s political landscape punctuated a year of uncertainties that ended with the death of North Korean leader Kim Jong-il just before Christmas. But Koreans also took pride in their burgeoning exports, not only of electronics and cars that are increasingly prized around the world but also of the pop music generated by leading talent factories, which cheered up listeners worldwide in gloomy times.
◆ Kim Jong-il Dies
North Korean leader Kim Jong-il died on a cold December day, according to the state media suffering a heart attack on his armored train while on his way to one of his on-the-spot guidance tours. Where that account is true or not, the fact remains that his undeniably dead body lies in state in Pyongyang, and his son Kim Jong-un (29) has been officially declared the new leader. North Korea’s regional neighbors are anxiously watching to see if he can establish his hold on power and wondering what it will mean for peace on the region and the fate of 24 million North Koreans.
◆ Software Tycoon Blows Korean Politics Wide Open
When software tycoon Ahn Cheol-soo said he was considering running for Seoul mayor in the Oct. 26 by-elections, he triggered a seismic shift in the political landscape as a solid majority expressed their support before he had even declared his candidacy. That revealed a widespread disaffection with the political establishment and a yearning for a fresh approach. Ahn ceded his mayoral bid to lawyer-turned-civic-activist Park Won-soon, whose victory many attribute to Ahn’s support. Ahn is now being touted as a possible presidential contender.
Both ruling and opposition lawmakers admitted they were stymied by voter distrust. The results of the general and presidential elections next year are expected to lead to the biggest changes in Korean politics since the introduction of direct elections for president back in 1987.
◆ Korea Ratifies FTAs with EU and U.S.
The ruling Grand National Party railroaded through the Korea-U.S. free trade agreement at the National Assembly on Nov. 22 despite strong protests from opposition parties, four years and five months after it was signed by both sides. The U.S. Senate and House of Representatives passed the FTA in late October. As a result, Korea became the first Asian country to forge FTA deals with both the EU and U.S., while paving the way for tariff-free trade with countries that account for 60 percent of the world’s GDP. The FTA with Washington will go into effect early next year, but opposition parties are still calling for it to be renegotiated.
◆ Korea Becomes World’s No. 7 Exporter
Korea’s annual trade volume surpassed US$1 trillion on Dec. 5. Exports totaled $515.6 billion, while imports amounted to $486 billion. Korea became the ninth country in the world to achieve that feat. Korea’s exports totaled just $19 million back in 1948, half the level of Kenya and Cameroon and ranked 100th in the world. But in six decades on, Korea became the world’s seventh-largest exporter.
◆ Pyeongchang Finally Wins Bid to Host Winter Olympics
Millions of Koreans sat in front of their TV sets at midnight on July 7 when International Olympic Committee Chairman Jacques Rogge declared Pyeongchang the winner to host the 2018 Winter Olympics. Pyeongchang had tasted defeat twice before in its bids for the 2010 and 2014 games, when it lost to Vancouver and Sochi. But this time, Pyeongchang comfortably beat Munich and Annecy, garnering 63 out of 95 votes.
Korea becomes the fifth country in the world to host both the summer and winter Olympics, the football World Cup, the World Championships in Athletics and the Formula 1 race. The others are France, Italy, Germany and Japan.
◆ World Falls in Love with K-Pop
K-pop was the top Korean entertainment product to sweep the world this year. Manufactured bands are continuing the Korean Wave triggered by the popularity of soap operas such as “Winter Sonata” and “Jewel in the Palace,” and drew legions of fans not only in Japan, China and other parts of Asia, but also in Europe, the Middle East, the U.S. and Latin America.
Girls’ Generation, Kara, 2PM, SHINee, 2NE1, Big Bang, Super Junior, TVXQ and JYJ held concert tours around the world and swept through their album chart rankings. Fans in the U.S., Europe and Latin America even took to the streets demanding K-pop concerts in their countries.
◆ Record Rainfall in Seoul
Korea was drenched with record precipitation in July with many regions experiencing between 100 to 200 mm of rainfall that lasted for days, triggering mudslides and other damage. It was the largest amount of rain in Korea in a century. Heavy rains on July 27 in particular submerged many parts of Seoul and triggered a mudslide on a mountain in an affluent southern suburb of the capital. The downpours left 71 people dead across the country.
Source: The Cholsunilbo
Shared by: iXiahCassie
credit: s3adolphin @YT
[BLOG – TRANS] Post of a staff who experienced the uncomfortable relationship between JYJ and SM Entertainment
Just translated key parts from the post of a staff who experienced the uncomfortable relationship between JYJ and SM Entertainment.
– It’s not present, but I once happened to work with JYJ’s Yuchun Park and SM artists (SHINee, Super Junior, Girls’ Generation and etc). I wasn’t the PD but I was in charge of something similar.
– Normally when you make TV programs, it can be worked out well when the agreement between the production (who pays the money), staff (PD and other people who actually make programs) and other 3rd party (broadcasting company and the others who air the program) is well-processed. People may think that the one who pays the money has the strongest power among those three.
– However, the situations become very different when JYJ and SM artists are on the same program’s casting board in broadcasting industries regardless of what program it is. When there are JYJ and SM together, all the three parties involved in programs tend to be in SM’s favour. Actually they have been in favour of only SM’s sides for several years.
According to my own experience,
There was a production company who wanted to cast JYJ on its program. And the production and staff also wanted SM’s artists who were making Korean Wave together. So far so good, a scriptwriter of the program made his/her casting offer and it went all well. However, it was declined by the broadcasting company. The reason was the one everyone knows.
The funny thing was that all of the 3 major broadcasting companies did the same thing.
There was difference of intensity to say it, but the decisions were the same. Only SBS said in less-intense way.
But I didn’t like this unreasonable and incomprehensible situation so pushed ahead with a plan[the original casting] in a quite strong way. Eventually, the people in senior positions said that it wouldn’t be possible that JYJ appears in the program, and especially not possible when there is SM on the same casting board. And they told that only one member of JYJ could be accepted in the consideration of the staff’s position. So Yuchun Park was appeared as an actor, not as a singer.
– In fact, the SM singer who was casted at the same time [with JYJ on the same program] knew about the casting later, and gave me an ultimatum by saying that I would have to choose the one between the two, and he/she[SM singer] would refuse to appear on the program if JYJ appeared as any smallest role. I said that I would never ask them for another work cause it was so chip and nasty, then Yuchun Park was finally able to appear.
– And the SM singer cancelled the appearance, and I was harshly criticized by the broadcasting company. The reason was that why I had to choose Yuchun Park, while there are possibilities that they[SM singers] could boycott their future appearances on other music or entertainment programs and there could be other direct/indirect disadvantages in any ways.
– SM Entertainment has pocketed as much as it could in 2011. They had a lot of government money and made worldwide issues. Soo Man Lee even was awarded a medal. It seems to be Samsung in entertainment industry. The reason that SM keeps JYJ from being in entertainment industry is crystal clear. Because JYJ is the one who could damage its position.
– According to the words by JYJ’s sides a few months ago, “the news about JYJ’s concerts in America never makes the front parts”, “They[SM] know more than us that JYJ is second to none in ticket-power and any other influence when there is direct competition between any singers of SM and JYJ.
Well people say that broadcasting field is quite dirty. What I experienced was even a lot dirtier.
Original Link: http://dg5242.blog.me/90132042818
* I think everyone can have some information about SM’s interference in JYJ, but just thought this kind of eyewitness evidence in open public could be more significant.
* Do not move or use the contexts in your own writing without any notices or permissions. I just wanted to share some situations in Korea with JYJ fans, and do not want to feel sore by seeing someone use my works in their own manners without myself not knowing it.
shared by: iXiahCassie
Idol group JYJ pushed Lee Seung Gi, and SNSD and was awarded as the best idol star.
‘2011 Best Icon Award’, which started its survey on August 28th on the KBS Homepage, awarded JYJ as the best idol star.
Winning 58,357 votes, JYJ received the honor of first place by surpassing 2nd in place Lee Seung Gi, with 53,560 votes. In the year 2011, the three members released the first Korean special album ‘In Heaven’ and showed off their vocals.
In the best idol star category were JYJ, Lee Seung Gi, Park Shi Hoo, Kim Hyun Joong, and SNSD in their respective order.
Photo Credit: JYJ Fanclub
Shared by: iXiahCassie
via XiahRyo @ YT
Allow the kpop group, JYJ air on KBS and music programs on KBS
JYJ, 3 former members of TVXQ/DBSK, has been the denied the oppurtunites to perform on music programs and even participate in award nominations. This occurs only because SM Entertainment and other have kept hostility toward JYJ, thus threatening to pull SM’s own artists out of programs and performances in revolt. Others have said excuses that they do not have official albums thus they cannot perform. Even if JYJ has topped charts and album sales without promotions, it is still absurd.
credit: Julia Cao
shared by: iXiahCassie
Credit: 55raenergy55 via sharingyoochun.net
Shared by: iXiahCassie